Monday, September 16, 2013

Pain

I cope with chronic pain almost every day. It is rare that I have a pain free day. It is also rare for pain to take me out of commission. But this has. ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ It has been a week since the dentist visit but I am hurting even more. She came in the room, put me on the gas and numbed my mouth. THEN LEFT! Gone for an hour or better. When she came back in she started drilling. I let her know as best I could that it hurt. " That is a little sensitive there" and kept on drilling! Finally, with tears leaking out of my eyes, she decided to give me more novacain. ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ I have never been in that much pain. I expected a little pinch and then the numbness that should have followed. NOPE! Not with my luck. It hurt even more. Pain exploded in my jaw. She chanted "just a little pinch, just a little pinch" ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ Really? She is a master of understatement. One week later, I am still in pain. It is even worse than it was. I can't function. Every move sends pain shooting from my jaw. I can't do this any more. ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ From what I have read, she hit a blood vessels or a nerve. Either way, I will be hurting for several weeks. I am going to call the office today to see if I can get some better pain control. I don't have transportation to go back to the dentist today but I have to have some relief. OTC is not touching this. ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ You know it is bad when I am asking for something more than Alieve. I don't do heavy pain killers. ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ Needless to say, dd is on hold.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry. Hope she is able to get you something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip hip horay pain relief! Now I just have to wait on Dragon to get off of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I have tried replying 2x and my phone keeps messing up. So lets see 3rd time is a charm I'm on the computer now.

    I'm sorry your in pain. I'm glad soon you will have relief. If i lived closer I would go get your meds for you.. Maybe I am your neighbor. Who knows lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter picked it up for me. Feeling much better

      Delete
    2. So glad you're feeling better!

      Delete
  4. Mouth/tooth pain is so miserable. I can't believe she numbed you and then left you. Of course some of it wore off!!! I'm so sorry. Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh baby-- that just stinks. I"m so sorry!

    ReplyDelete