Wednesday, May 2, 2012

50 Shades of Gray

A sad ending for such a good book.  I don't want to give too much away but it is worth a read.  It gives you a peek into the BDSM world.  Just a small peek at that.  One messed up man and an innocent young lady just beginning her journey in life.

She wants more.  He wants more but isn't sure what that is or if he can give it.

One thing I will suggest.  Buy the second and third book before you start on the first one.  The first book ends too sad not to continue reading.  It isn't filthy but does has sex in involved.  You want filth?  Read books by L.A. Banks.  Now that if filth!

Keep an open mind.  BDSM is mostly about pleasure, learning and self acceptance.  Domestic Discipline is more about relationships and the roles we each accept.


Now that I have read the book and have no way to discover the next shade of Gray, it is time for me to dry my tears and get back to work.

9 comments:

  1. Soo stinkin' sweet. Dragon saw my post at work and just sent the next two books to my kendle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of him to do that. You mentioned drying your tears. Did the book make you cry?

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure did. The last chapter. I could see it coming but still....

      Delete
  3. Aaaawww, how sweet of Dragon! I haven't read these yet, not sure if I will. It's just not on the top of my to do list for some reason. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading is always high on my list. In the top 5 things I love to do. This book brings kink into the mainstream for all to see. A small slice but still there. I had to read it.

      Delete
    2. Reading is always high on my list, but for whatever reason I'm not all that intrigued by this series. I may read it at some point, I may not. *shrug*

      Delete
  4. I loved these books and read them in a weekend. I'm not married, been divorced 4 years, but I have recently awakened to the fact that DD is the kind of relationship I want and need. You really should buy or download all three because you won't want to stop reading. I wasn't going to read them at all. I didn't want to read pure filth but this was a love story. I'm waiting for God to send my Christian T. Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I'd dislike the books but needed something to read so I grabbed it on iBooks. I found the characters very well developed, and the CG character definitely reminded me of my own husband. A LOT.

    Good advise to have the second one handy, I'm on that one now. As a rule I don't read romance novels..I'd rather just live in one..lol...but these are pretty enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved them and I'm glad you did too. They were a fun read for me and it has been interesting listening to some of my vanilla friends discuss them. I totally agree with the need to have the 2nd book before you finish the 1st. I have told many people that.

    ReplyDelete