Sunday, May 6, 2012

He Takes My Breath Away

In good ways.  I so many good ways he takes my breath away.  With his kindness and goodness.  His giving heart and loyalty.

And in bad ways.  He went off to the city tonight.  An over night stay.

Not a big deal right?

Not really.

I didn't think so anyway.

But he didn't call.

The last time I heard from him, he called to say he forgot his pillow.  He told me that the GPS now recognized the little farm road we use to get to the interstate.  We spent almost a year with the pos trying to send us down every cow path and dirt bike trail there was.  But the GPS wouldn't recognize our little road.  Strange, it did before the so called up date but afterward, Garmin was lost.

So now it is getting very late.

I know he can't call me now.
 
No email.

No voice main.

No status update on facebook.

Nothing.

I hope he is ok.

I hope he wasn't in an accident.

I hope he sleeps better than I am.

Sincerely
One wide awake wife

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure he was just too tired when he arrived and forgot but sure do understand how you feel. I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Hope you got a few winks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is ok and I can't even be mad at him. He got there and thought that he would call after he got settled in. Didn't think about being in a basement. No cell signal. Oh well. He is on his way home and is bringing breakfast. My favorite ginger soda and doughnuts. Yummy.

      Delete
  2. That's the worst thing for me, too, with deployment. I know that Daddy can't contact me, it's the not knowing how he is. I hate 'tween times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to say that we are past those days. No more deployments! This was just a one nighter for a sleep study. Dragon snores and I want to get some sleep.

      Delete