Friday, November 18, 2011

To Confess or not to Confess (update)



Yes, I know I have to do it.  I have to tell him I dropped the F bomb.  OHHHHH I hate that word.  Why did I ever say it?  I had every right to be angry and frustrated but not to be cruel.   That was our very first rule under DD.  And strictly enforced.


I don’t want to tell him.  Hide it and feel guilty or confess?


I’ll confess.  Putting the computer down to do it right now.


Oh no.  He is pointing and looks mad.  Be back latter to finish this.  Maybe.


Latter now….


Dragon knows me.  He had my sewing on the table.  He wanted me to work.  That was all.  Do what he knows I love to do.  He knows that always calms my mind and brings piece to my heart.  I went to my sewing chair and when he came in the room, I closed the door for privacy.  It is a sliding glass door.  Not much of a barrier but it let us talk without being overheard.


I confessed and we had a LONG talk about kids.  The two oldest are slipping.  Sneaking around, not following the rules and not getting school work done.  We discussed what to do about it.  I grounded Bear and told her how to get un-grounded.  With the oldest, Amber, we are going to take a tuff love stand.  We have to.  She has to know that there are standards.  She needs to figure out what her priorities are.  If they don’t line up with ours, she needs to find a new home.  I won’t allow her to mooch off of us.  I won’t be walked on.


Consequences for the F bomb?  No idea.  I think we are both a little too upset right now.  I am sure there is a P in my future.  Tonight.  I’m worried but mostly just about the kids.  I know Dragon will be fair.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Ok




So….. I got tired of waiting and finnaly asked around 8:30.


Me:  Do I get a hall pass?


Him:  For what?


Me:  (dang, why didn’t I just keep my fool mouth shut?)  For what I said earlier.


Him:  Ohhhh  that.  Do you deserve a hall pass?


Me: Can I plead the 5th?


Him:  I already know the answer.  I want to hear you say it.


Me: (dang I’m an idiot)  No, I don’t deserve one.


Him:  Tonight isn’t a good time for a punishment.  I won’t spank you during an asthma attack and I am not going to let this carry over for a day or two.  You get your hall pass but you don’t deserve one.  Not for this.

I hate to admit it, Dragon is right.

Not sure if I am relived or not.  Here is hoping he doesn’t read this entry.  I know I am relieved that he hasn’t thought of writing lines or corner time.  As much as I hate asthma, it did get me a hall pass tonight.




8 comments:

  1. hope thing gets better sometimes tough love is the only answer in the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things will get better one way or another. They have to. My butt can’t take this crap every week. I got a hall pass this time but I won’t be counting on a second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After our “talk” last night, Amber did all of her chores without being told and Pooh bear worked on school work until bed time. No fussing. I went to a stronger form of my maintenance drugs for the asthma. With all the wood smoke in the air and the inversion, I have to use the strongest drugs on the market. It just took a few weeks for me to remember that. Keep your fingers crossed that it works. I don’t want to take prednisone, the next step in controlling the symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you get the right amount/meds to get it under control. Glad to hear that your kids are doing as they should and hope you feel okay about getting a pass. It can give me mixed feelings sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, I deserved the P and if I am honest, I needed it. Mixed feelings? Yes! I am sure he will make up for the missed swats as soon as I am feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a tough time around our house with our oldest. Slipping is something "H" and I have to get together on. Chores for her are the hardest. Sometimes we just don't know what to do. Lucky for us school work isn't an issue for her, but she is the laziest kid ever!
    Hope you can get ahead of that darn asthma. It can get bad for sure, worse for many this time of year. ((hugs!))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think giving you the pass was the right thing to do. Hope you don't need to go to the next step for your asthma and that you feel better now.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Emi, one day at a time. Sometimes one second.

    Dee, I am not adjusting to the new dose. Not yet. I am going to give it a few more days before I call my doc back.

    ReplyDelete