Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wish in One Hand

Spit in the other...  or get a sore backside...
 
Sewing with the serger always takes all day. The thing has me in tears every time I try to use it. It is an older Kenmore. Translate that to a cheaply made badged machine. T ears with a badged machine are to be expected.

Breath……

After the third broken needed of the day my frustrations were beginning to turn violent. I just wanted to hit SOMETHING! ! ! Anything……. That thing just won’t work right for me.
 
WHINE….. I want a Babylock.
 
What is a Babylock you ask? A very expensive machine, is what it is. $3000 for a very specialized machine that I probably won’t use every day. But very, VERY nice. The lower looper is threaded with a soft puff of air. No headache. No whine. Just poof and it is threaded. The upper looper is super simple. This thing is so different that they give you a class on the thing before you leave the store with it.

Want…..


 
Want….Whine….Pout…. HITSOMETHING…..
 
What was that? Hit something? Oops. Dragon is home today. My urge to hit something meant that my stress relief session happened a little sooner than I thought it would. Stress relief when I am in a temper is never very much fun.
 
Calm. Cool. Collected and a bit sore in the sit-upon-part, I am ready to go back to my sewing room and finish this little dress….. On the bernina, which works like a dream. The serger will wait for another day.
 

4 comments:

  1. I've got to agree on the Babylock! I finally killed my old Bernina and I love the new one. Not $3000 either. Sorry about the stress relief under duress. No good can ever come from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my Bernina sewing machine but my repairman husband hates it. We have to pay to have it cleaned every year. But I hear Babylock is the serger to have. The one in the photo does everything you could ever want a serger to do. It is 2 machines in one plus some. Wish in one hand. Right? I think I just earned another stress relief. Eeekkkk 2 in one day? I think I am done in the sewing room for the day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I too enjoy sewing! I have a pretty old machine and I'd love to try a serger. I'm quite amateur with sewing, but I still enjoy it. I make little "N" cute dresses and the inside seams are a wreck. Ugh. They will turn out somewhat cute, just messy edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emi, an older machine is better than a newer, cheap machine. Two thing to do for messy edges but it does take some time. 1. Zigzag the edges. Simple, quick and easy to do. I usually trim the seam allowance a little and go over the edge with a wide zigzag to roll the edges under. 2. A French Seam. It is harder to and the method I use on strait seams. You can probably find a video on line showing you how to do the.

    Enjoy! ! !

    ReplyDelete