Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hanging of the Green....one year latter


I can’t believe it.  My little blog turns one year old Monday.  I looked back at my very first post and it is about our annual tradition.  “Hanging of the Green”  We drag the rubber maid boxes out of the garage one by one and decorate for Christmas.


In years past this has been a disaster.  I always fall apart.  You see, Monday is also an anniversary of a different sort.  It is the date of my fourth miscarriage.   I carried This baby longer than I had the other three.  I thought this one would be ok but something just felt wrong.  Then the bleeding started.  It was late so we raced to the ER.  The baby was ok for a little while.  I was put on bed rest.  Three days latter.  November 28, the cramping returned.  This felt more like child birth.  I could time the contractions.  I lost the baby on the morning of the 29th.


We nearly gave up.  He could see how much I was hurting.  So much that I was incapable of seeing his pain.  He never wanted to see me in that much pain ever again.  I think I know why I couldn’t stay pregnant for more than 8 weeks.  I was too thin.  The human body needs body fat to maintain a pregnancy and I had very little.  In my sadness, I quit moving.  I ate when I was told, moved only when I had to.  I gained 20 pounds.  WOW.  That brought my weight up to a whopping 115 lbs.  But it was enough.  This time I didn’t loose the baby and in blogland I call her pooh bear.


This year, we did things a little different.  Instead of me doing all the decorating with a little help, I stood at the box of neatly packaged ornaments, unwrapped them and as I handed them to the kids told them where it needed to go.  The living room looks like it was decorated by a bunch of kids.  That is ok.  No temper tantrums from me.  No tears.  We actually had fun!


WOW!  What a concept!  Fun over the holiday weekend!  Who would have thought?


Toward the end of the day, Dragons temper began to slip.  I could see the pain in his eyes.  I pulled him aside and we talked.


“Thank you Jimminy Cricket, I needed that.”


Who ever thought I would be a Cricket?  That is what he calls me when I quietly let him know he is getting off track.


The rest of the evening was nice.  The dishes were done, the living room straitened and we all cuddled on the couch to watch a Movie.   Just before bed I read two chapters in “Christmas Jars”    This long weekend has been nice.  Did TTWD do it?  Or something else?  I’m not sure.






5 comments:

  1. I don't know what did it, but this was a sweet post. You've been through so much pain, yet you figure out what's important and hold onto it, tight. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger is something we are all most likely familiar with. So sorry for the hard times you've been through. It takes a lot of strength and support to come out the other side and to come out fighting. It doesn't matter if ttwd or whatever else helped that little bit, I'm glad you enjoyed your long weekend.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats D's Rose...on ALL of it! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogaversary, Rose. I'll bet your house looks lovely with all the decorations, and I'm glad you all had fun doing it.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, I am happy something helped! It is about time we enjoy Christmas!

    Dee, we had a great 4 day weekend. Thank you. Now it is Monday and time to get back to work!

    Sara, Thank you. Life isn't easy but blog land does help, a little bit.

    Hermione, Thank you, I think the decorations are perfect!

    ReplyDelete