Monday, July 11, 2011

Mind reader (written by request)

Him: I think you read my mind
 
Her: How it that?
 
About the time I decide to step up the tempo you start bringing things up that you want to work on. It falls right in line with what I have already decided.
 
Really?
 
Yes. I know I am on the right track when you do that to me. Very reassuring.
 
Hmm then I’ll have to stop doing that, won’t I?
 
Maybe I’m an odd duck. Not sure. But when I feel ready. When I know I have adjusted to the old standards, I ask for help with something new. I ask him to enforce a rule with a stiffer penalty. I may even ask him for a new rule. (yes, I know it sounds a little crazy.) But you see, I am so very rarely punished. Less than a hand full of times since we have started TTWD. I feel comfortable that he isn’t abusing his power and authority. Every stage has been easy to adjust to for the most part. He does teas some but when he finds out it hurts me, he stops every time.
 
Yep. I have a good man. As we slowly move into this new stage of our relationship trust is growing. Fewer fights, not that there were ever very many. He is holding himself to a higher standard, helping more with the kids and being more consistent with his expectations. Always a good thing.
 
What should have been a very stressful summer has turned into a relaxing, enjoyable time together. Family time. Time to bond with our younger children. When I begin to get restless and feel a little edgy, he takes it to the seat of the problem before I have a melt down. Before that punishment is earned, it gets taken care of. Good thing too, I hate punishment.
 
He decided to step up the severity of punishment. He thought it was time for those tears to flow. Not even a week latter I ask him when he was going to. He decided to hold me accountable for my daily task (which was getting done sporadically). You got it. I asked for it less than a week after he made the decision. He stepped up stress relief without mentioning it was going to happen. In a series of steps over a couple of weeks, I noticed my backside getting blistered more every session. Again. It was a good thing. (this one I didn’t ask for, didn’t have to,) He noticed my stress level rising and he stepped in.
 
My backside is sore from stress relief last night. Something I noticed, he avoided the sit spot. He usually gets a few good swats in on that very sensitive spot. Not this time. Yes, I asked him why.
 
“I need to be able to punish you, don’t I? If your entire bottom is sore, I wouldn’t be able to punish you the way I need to.”
 
I’m worried. He saved the sit spot. It is almost like he expects to punish this week. I thought he was just one step ahead of me. I wonder if he took a few more steps than I thought? Maintenance has stepped up sharply. Somehow, I know I don’t want to know what he has in mind for punishment.
 
Ever feel like your HOH is just waiting for you to mess up? Ever feel like he is watching every move you make? Waiting for just the right moment to swoop in and wear your backside out and good?
 
Yep. I feel that way right now. I am sitting on a sore backside as I type, wondering how I am going to sit at all, when he decides to take advantage of the spot he saved for punishment.
 
Ps. This blog was written under orders from the Dragon. He made it a quiet suggestion but I have been married to this man long enough to know it for it what it was. An order. Sitting on a sore backside, I could hardly take it as anything less.

5 comments:

  1. My first day back on NFP charting is off to a slow start. I was late with the first temp. Oh well. This one isn't so important but I have to got to do better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers and happy vibes your way, LOL! And yes, I DO know that feeling of my HOH watching. Grrr, NOT fun. I'm glad you have such a great guy, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kay. Another evening under his watchful eye and a new rule. He has decided that I need an afternoon nap. I get very tired mid afternoon and he has realized that when I don’t get down time, I’m tired the rest of the day. Wonder if skipping nap time is going to be a spank able offence? Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, firstly what is NFP? Just curious.
    Secondly you have a good HOH...consistency and setting rules and consequences and follow through, stress relieve and maintenance. Oh how i wish. I keep feeling like im taking one step forward and making progress then he pulls the rug from me and i feel back to square one again. Oh well, keep talking, keep taking small baby steps.

    Nice post though :) thanks :) love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natural Family Planning. Temps first thing in the morning. Every morning. NoN chemical birth control. I have used it off and on for about 10 years. Had a book but gave that away years ago.

    And Kiwi. he is getting there. Baby steps. if you look back in my blog just a few months you will see my frustration. It took my husband 5 years before he would even talk about it.

    Baby steps

    ReplyDelete