Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day! ! !

**Disclaimer-- This post has nothing to do DD and everything to do with being an American.

I have a face book friend who posted this on her wall.
 
I'll be perky and patriotic when we don't engage in pointless wars for oil grabs; when veterans get their just benefits and don't have to go homeless; when women can serve in all aspects of the military and aren't sexually harassed but are treated as equals. I appreciate my freedom, but I do not ever support the military-industrial complex, defense spending, or the "honor without support" that is shown to veterans. 

I disagree with her. To not celebrate the Independence Day is a slap in the face to every military member who has ever served my country. I am proud to be an American. Here we have freedoms that aren’t enjoyed other places.


I can carry my gun strapped to my side openly. I can read my Bible, Quran or any other holy book anywhere I choose. I can protest our government and call them names. I don’t have to support any political party. The retards, demarats or the tea baggers. I can bow my head to pray. Call the president a flippin idiot. I have the right to hold a job, educate myself and raise my kids as I see fit. I can own my own home or pull my home behind my truck!
 
It is a great day to be an American.
 
Today we will stuff ourselves with food right off the grill and enjoy our day. We will take time out of our day to remember those families who are serving our country. We will also bow our heads to pray for those who have given their lives to protect my freedoms.



  
Happy Independence Day! ! !



 Ps Last time I checked America did not make a profit off of the oil in Iraq and Afghanistan is not known as an oil producing country. It is up to every American who enjoys our freedoms to support our veterans. Don’t wait on our government to give them a hand our! Give them a HAND UP!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I do have a hand gun and I carry it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kiwi. We had a great day. BBQ ribs, gym hockey and a few laps around the track.

    ReplyDelete