Friday, December 14, 2012

I can't pray

I can't think of the words to pray.  The words I say feel empty.  What do you say to mother who just lost her small child to a stone killer.  It is ok to be mad at your mother.  It isn't ok to kill a classroom full of children because you are angry.  What kind of monster does something like this?  All those presents that will never be opened.  No smiles or squeals of joy.  Only sadness for so many families this year.

Me?  I'll do what i always do.  I will cry at my sewing machine.  Sew to forget.  Sew to understand.  Maybe by tomorrow I'll be fit to face family for the Christmas party.  I can't even think about that now.  I don't want to think about it.

What can you do for a family that has lost so much?  Nothing is enough to heal their pain.  Not even time will heal this one.

9 comments:

  1. I just want to add that I believe that the souls of those poor kids were ushered directly to Heaven! That's the ONLY consolation that I have!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely. Those children will all innocent. They are all with the Heavenly Father now.

      Delete
  2. I do understand Rose, the only prayer I can think of as I sit here crying is simply "Dear Lord, please keep them all in the palm of your hand."

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I read about the children hurt in a knife attack in China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no words just prayers for those affected by this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bible says the Holy Spirit will interpret your moans and groans. Sometimes things are so unbelievable, there just aren't words. God's comfort will be the only thing that will be able to get those people through it. Some will curse God for it, but he gave all people a free will, and apparently this shooters will was to do something so awful. I can't imagine what those families and even their friends are feeling right now. I agree with Cat, all we can do is pray that God will keep them close while they go through all the grief. God bless you and yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, Rose. Time cannot heal what those families are going through. We can analyze it and talk about it, but may never truly understand their deep, deep grief. We can only trust God to do miracles in each of their lives and bring the peace and restoration only He can bring.

    ReplyDelete