Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trust the Dragon

I have gotten to spend a LOT of time with my Dragon this week.  I'm not sure how to word this.  Most of the time I get things all twisty trying to explain them.  But here goes my best shot. 

Our oldest daughter is going to spend the summer with her grandmother 2000 miles away.  EEKKK  It is going to be a stressful time for all of us.  A trail run of the first chick leaving the nest?  Here are his words as I remember them.  If you read my blog you know my memory is always full of holes but here is my best shot.

"The next few months are going to be hard on you.  (ok, so we are going to drop dd?)You are going to need me to be a strong leader and take you in hand.  (guess not)  Be ready for tears.  I know why they don't fall and I am going to fix that.  Harder. Longer.  If I have to tie your hands I will.  (oh no)  I know you want a break from dd but that isn't going to happen.   You are getting depressed again.  We are going to fix that."

Ever felt like the ax is about to fall?  That is how I feel right now.  I have just a few days left before the blade is honed to its final edge.  Not sure I want this but it is too late to back out now.  Breath Missie. I know he loves me.  I know he will do what is best.  It is my turn to trust him.... 

3 comments:

  1. Yeh, if Dutch told me that. I'd freak. I need him to read me each time. There is no one fix for me. I'd be scared out of my mind. I think you are different though and your dynamic is different. So, good luck with that. I hope you both get what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so bad CG. He just took me to that point where I say, "I can't take it any more." what I should be saying is, "I trust you." I didn't know his hand could hurt that much or I could reach that point SO FAST. It was just a quick blistering in the garage but WOW.

    Let's just say that I have lots to think about tonight while I sit on those hard bleachers.

    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  3. you said it yourself Missie - trust him. He knows you he loves you he will look after you. I kinda want to hear those kind of words from my hubby. In time. :)

    ReplyDelete