Saturday, December 25, 2010

Corsets

I love to sew almost as much as I love my family. So today, as take a quiet break from over stimulated, loud kids, I’ll share 2 of the corsets I have made. The green lace one is mine. And yes. That is me in the picture. It wasn’t laced very good that day but you get the idea. After a few hours of wear, it laces closed.



I sold the blue silk corset last week. I am very happy to say that the lady who now owns that corset is very happy.


The days leading up to Christmas are always a little tense in my house. This year was no exception. I wish I could say ttwd solved all of our problems and we had a great holiday season. Didn’t happen. It takes time to break old habits and form new, healthy ones. Last night was great. The kids laughed about the socks and underwear under the tree. This is the first year I have done that to them but this morning more than made up for any disappointment.  My son tried to stay up and catch Santa in the act.  He gave up about 10.  It was after 12 before I finaly got a little pillow time. 

One more week left in this year. So much has happened this year. Even more change will come in the new year. I feel like I am an out of control roller coaster. Hold on. It is going to fly by even faster.

3 comments: