Thursday, February 27, 2014

Slow and Easy

My headaches aren't gone but they are much better.   My health is on a downward trend in otherwways but I am fighting it tooth and nail.  

A treadmill is the newest addition to the decor in the living room.   When it was bran new I could only walk for about 10 minutes set at 2. I am slowly improving that number.  

I am up to 15 minutes.  Walking at 2-2.5 with three 30 second jogs at 3.  It may not sound like much to you supper fit people but for me,  it is huge progress.  The goal is to slowly increase the jog times until I have a short warm up and a 15 minute jog.   Then I'll alternate increasing speed and time.  

No time limits.   No long term goals.  Just day by day.   I have already met my goal for this week and set my goal for next week.   Extend the jog to 45 seconds.  

Eventually I'll add the P90X back in to my daily routine but not yet.   Slow and easy does the trick.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rose...Happy to hear your headaches are not as bad but sorry to hear your overall health is not good. :( Congratulations on your progress with the treadmill...slow and steady is best.

    Sending lots of prayers, healing energy and positive thoughts.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and easy is what wins the race.

    ReplyDelete