Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How far is too far?

My opinion on the topic.


This is a question asked in an ainti-dd article I read (link provided in the helpful links section on the right), The author is troubled that there isn’t any information out there on the topic. He is right! ! ! I haven’t even thought about it. A non-issue in my relationship with Dragon.
 
There is a line in the sand that Dragon refuses to cross. It is the line between rational thought and absolute panic. From the moment a rule is broken, he watches my body language. A punishment is going to hurt and humiliate. That is why it is effective. A little fear is a good thing. Panic is a bad thing. As he spanks me, he listens to my cries and squeaks. He feels my body tense and relax under his hand. Never pushing too far. My eyes show just what is going on in my head. Panic? Submission? Defiance? Dragon knows because my eyes tell him. If he sees even a flicker of panic, everything stops. I am in the comfort of his arms, hearing words of comfort and love.
 
In an effort to stay within my limits and his own, a few punishments were less than adequate. In the very beginning of a DD relationship, I think that is a very good thing. It is better to stop before the point has been made than to risk doing permanent damage. Emotional damage that is. So what if you leave a mark on her backside. Emotional scars run deeper than any bruise I have ever had and take longer to heal.
 
How far is too far? Dragging your wife kicking and screaming to the bed room, holding her down and making her submit? Absolutely! Spanking to tears every spanking? Maybe. How many swats are excessive? Over 100 swats is definitely excessive when 10-15 are adequate. Hitting in anger is always a bad idea. Hitting anywhere other than the backside for a punishment. Punching and slapping is abusive. Don’t do it.
 
Anything done against her will, goes too far. Rules she doesn’t agree with. Punishing even after she has refused. If she is refusing, don’t force the issue. Step back and revaluate. What is going on? TALK about it. If DD is having a negative effect, TALK. Does she feel like she can’t do anything right? It may be time to reevaluate some of those rules or use a little mercy.
 
There it is. I’m sure I have left some things out but I tried. In the end, you have to decide for yourself. Is it going too far? Is this right? Keep asking that question and talk. Keep it healthy.

2 comments:

  1. I think the bottom line is the question, is the Dd relationship collaborative or advesarial? Marriage is meant to be between lovers, to be collaborative and harmonious. If the Dd does not reflect that in spirit, then something is wrong.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input Sara! Very true. Lovers working together with the same goal.

    ReplyDelete