Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dear Santa,




I have what I need this year and also what I want most in this world.  My family is together.  We have enough to eat and a roof over our heads.  I have been a bit naughty this year but better than most.  You see, in the last year we have brought something new to our marriage.  TTWD.


When I do something that displeases Dragon, he has the authority to punish me.  He doesn’t do it very often and never abuses his power over me.  He is as kind and a gentile as ever.  He grants me mercy and grace much more often than I deserve.  Punishment is used as a last resort in our house.  Only when my heart is hard.  When I am defiant and stubborn.


I don’t like to be punished.  Most of the time just the threat is enough to set me strait.  A look from my Dragon and all is right in the world again.  On those rare occasions that more is needed, I accept the consequences for my actions.   TTWD has brought harmony to our home.  


This coming year will bring many changes.  One career will end and a new life for our family will begin.   Possibly yet another move.  One of our children will finally leave the nest.  She has chosen a college and a career path that makes her mommy very proud of her.  Only with God can I handle all of these changes.  God and my Dragon that is.


So you see Santa?  I really don’t need anything for Christmas; however, there are a few things I need this year.  A new job for my husband.  A home for our family.  The safety and security we have enjoyed all of our married lives.  Since I don’t do well with change, it is a good thing that Dragon now has tools to help me cope. I hope that he can find a way to use TTWD to help me during the year.  For these things I pray.


Maybe I should ask for a set of knee pads for Christmas?  Life has a way of driving me to my knees in prayer and sometimes my poor knees get sore.  It is when I am unable to pray that I end up OTK, so maybe a butt pad too.  A nice soft pillow to sit on when I earn that dreaded punishment.




3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping Santa also puts some peace and much joy in your stocking this year! (NO SWITCHES!) Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change can be hard but also very exciting! Praying for your family in this next year!

    Merry Christmas! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I have my husband. What more could I ask for? A job will come, we just don't know where yet.

    Mikki, this change is very good. The uncertainty is not. I will feel much better when we have some sort of plan in place. Thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete