Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fruit Cake


Christmas just isn't Christmas without a fruit cake to toss around the room.  This one is better than most.  Enjoy!

1 lb. Candied Cherries, chopped
1 lb. Candied pineapple chipped
4 Cups pecans
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 small bottle vanilla extract
1 small bottle lemon extract
5 eggs
2 cups plain flour sifted

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time.  Add 1 cup of flour.  Add vanilla and lemon extract.  Mix one cup of flour with fruit and nuts.  Mix well.  Bake in greased tube pan (bunt pan).  At 365* F  Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great DR :) I'm definitely trying all your recipes! And I hope you're feeling better now.
    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Xmas :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dee, I do feel a little better. Zantac twice a day is helping and I got some prilosec to try. It was cheaper at Walmart by $20. Enjoy my grandmothers yummy recipes! Christmas just isn't right at my house without them.

    And You have a Very Merry Christmas too! ! !

    ReplyDelete