Thursday, October 18, 2012

Corset time

My efforts to train back into my corset are paying off.  Today, I set my timer for 30 minutes and laced myself up.  When the timer went off, I was busy.  I turned it off and continued working in my sewing room.  Cutting and snipping away at the fabric.  I am making the first of 4 bodices for the brides maid dresses.

The bride was supposed to purchase linen.  She purchased a crap load of poplin.  Hmmm.  Ok... I can work with that.  It isn't as nice of a fabric but it is half the price.  Then My stabilizer wasn't wide enough.  Ok, so I use the white flannel instead.  Not a big deal.  Snip and cut.  Working away.

Next thing I know the kids are asking for lunch.  What?  It isn't lunch time yet!  Yes it is.  I lost track of time working in a corset!  How in the world did I do that?  It wasn't laced down very tight at all but still....  Over 2 hours and I was working comfortably.

I finally had to put my scissors down and take a break.     The callus where my scissors rub my knuckle was not happy with me.  I need to find a band-aid before I do any more.

Ps.  I whined for 30 minutes this morning when Dragon told me to get some corset time in today.  I made us excuse after excuse.  I am glad I did it.  I love how the corset feels and I love how I feel in it!

5 comments: