Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sewing

Sewing is my outlet.  It is how I deal with the stress.  I'm sewing almost every day now.  That is a good thing but I'm not sure how much it is helping me cope.  I'm trying.

My newest project is a dress based off of the folkwear intimacies pattern #219.



I had a simple, comfortable sundress in mind.  I picked out some fabric from my LARGE stash and went to work.  Very carefully, I measured my chest, waist and hips then chose the size and cutting lines.  I carefully measured grain line and lined up the pattern perfectly.  

The first fitting of the partially made dress didn't so so good.  It fits like a flower sack.  VERY disappointed.  I think my mistake is with the tape measure.  My measurements weren't as accurate as I thought they were.

Oh well.  I'll finish the dress tomorrow and have a very pretty nightgown.   Next time I use this pattern, I'll get Dragon to help with the measurements and make a smaller size.

Ooops.  With everything going on, I forgot to post a photo of the outfit I made this past winter.  I'll ave to do that soon.  

Ps After worrying about Emi overdoing it, I over did it today.  Blag.  I know better than that.  It only makes me miserable.  Oh well.  I'll take it easy tomorrow.  My body will make sure of it.

9 comments:

  1. Ah Ha says the seamstress! I should have made the dress 2 sizes smaller. oops. Oh well. I needed a pretty nightgown anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well, a pretty nightgown is a treat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I love the fabric even if it looks like a mumu.

      Delete
  3. I made a nightgown once and it turned out massive too. I don't sew very much though, so not skilled at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sewing is one of the few things I am good at but this project made me feel like an idiot.

      Delete
  4. If I used sewing to relieve my stress, I'd have a whole new wardrobe by now, in fact, I'd maybe have two! Enjoy your nightie :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Dee. When my kids were little, they were the best dressed kids around. Now I spend too much time teaching them and don't have as much time to sew. Midnight to 4 works. Burn that midnight oil.

      Delete
  5. I'm just impressed that you are able to sew! I can't even do a button. No, really. lol At least you have a new nightgown out of all your effort. *grins*
    ~Addy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHH I hate sewing on buttons. Mine always look like crap. Now a delicate embroidery stitch? I can do tat. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete