Monday, September 26, 2011

His Arms


This has been a hard topic to write about. I keep trying but everything I write falls short. How can I tell you how good his arms feel wrapped around me? The comfort, the security, the love I feel when I am held so very close to his body?

I thought this would be an easy topic. That the emotion would imprint itself on the page as I write.
 
Nope. Not going to happen.
 
At night he would go to seep turned away from me. I have a small lamp on my side of the bed and usually fall asleep with it on. Every night around 11 I have an asthma attack. You can set your clock by it. I am sitting strait up in bed and he is snoring with his back to me. When my breathing returns to normal, I lay down and try to sleep.
 
With his back to me it is hard. I need to feel his arms around me. I need to know he is there.
 
Instead of pouting over his night time lapse, I said something. I asked him why he turns away now. And what does he do? He makes sure his arms are around me every night. As soon as I lay down I feel his weight shift as me moved to wrap me in his warmth.
 
In his arms

I feel loved. I know that I am his.
I feel secure. Chaos and worry do not exist
I feel warm. He warms my heart
I feel safe. Nothing can ever harm me when I am in his arms
In his arms I have learned to love and to trust another human being.
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, no more making me cry before 7am! This must have been hard to write and it's a great reminder that sometimes our guys are not intentionally ignoring or hurting us and we just have to give them a hint and they step up. Very cool...thanks for sharing this with us! I'll remember it the next time I'm overthinking something instead of going to my husband and just talking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) What a lovely post and I thought the emotion in it came over very well.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, Sorry I made you cry. I overthink almost everything. That is why he holds the paddle and my backside is red.

    Dee, Thank you. It still falls short somehow. I just don't know where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so sweet. I am missing my husband tonight.

    ReplyDelete