Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How to Defrost a Frozen Wife

Shivers It is COLD! ! ! I am a southern girl. I grew up between central Alabama and the Florida panhandle. Sunny beaches, mild winters and warm summers. I thought 40 was frigid. Fast forward to this week. Lets just say that I live a little further north. We rarely get above freezing from late November to mid March. Shivers. I am just not made for this kind of weather. 60F is as cold as I ever want it to get outside. Yep it is cold and I feel like a frozen block of ice.

I curled up under the covers a few nights ago sill dressed for the day. I was shivering so hard, the bed was shaking. My Dragon smiled at me and went to the bathroom. He left for a few minutes, came back and I heard water splash in the tub. A few seconds latter, the scent of lavender filled the room. He motioned for me to join him. Quickly, he undressed me, one piece of clothing at a time. Dragon pushed my hands away when I tried to help him. He helped me step into the tub filled with bubbles and sat a glass of ice water within easy reach.

After I settled down into the water, he disappeared again. When he came back, he was carrying a small boiler. Strange, but ok. I closed my eyes and relaxed. The water was perfect. Something warm touched my arm and chest. I‘m not sure when he had time to warm the lava rocks. He used a warm rock to massage the tense muscles in my shoulders. Just as I started to drift off to sleep in the water, I let the water drain the last bit of tension away. He helped me stand and dried that spot that always gets missed on my back.

In the bedroom, he pulled the covers up just to my waist. My Dragon wasn’t finished yet. He continued the back massage with the lava rocks and shea butter. I slept nice and warm for one night, wrapped snugly in his arms. I feel loved.

4 comments:

  1. I'm frozen today but thinking about that night made me feel warm for a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missie like you I grew up in central Alabama and lived in the panhandle of Florida but live further north now. I am ready for warm weather!!! Here lately hubby has been warming my side of of the bed with a heating pad so I can climb in to a nice warm bed at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like heaven! I hate being cold too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, I miss the south so much but he keeps moving me closer and closer to Canada. EEK.

    Stormy, It was heaven. My Dragon spoils me rotten. We drove almost 200 miles yesterday just to get a "second" opinion on my sewing machine. Yep, I'm spoiled. Oh and my machine works much better now.

    ReplyDelete