Friday, December 25, 2015

Twas the Night Before Christmas

And my mind is on a blogger,
Gone several years ago.
Cancer took his life.
He left behind a lovely wife.

Corny I know but I am miss Bass from over at A New Life in DD.  If you ever wonder whether or not you make a difference on blog land, just think of old Bass.  He shire made a difference for me.

Dragon had retired from the military only a few months before.  Our house in the north west finally sold but it cost us dearly.  $500 to repair a broken window.  There was very little money for Christmas presents.  Just a few cheap gifts and I was in tears.  Christmas is a time of giving and we had so little to give our own children.

Bass patiently reminded me about the true meaning of Christmas. A tiny baby born long ago.  He reminded me that I have raised good kids who aren't selfish.  He took my grinch attitude and put a smile back on my face.  He did this while fighting a losing battle with cancer.

Bass, you are missed.

Merry Christmas to those who stop by. Thank you for being there this year while we celebrated the life of an Uncle gone before his time.  Thank you for reminding me that we do have  reason to celebrate.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Rose...I miss Bas also. Merry Christmas to you, Dragon and your family. Sending prayers and positive energy that 2016 is the best year yet for all of you!

    Merry Christmas Ronnie and P! Wishing you a spanking good time. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Rose. Bas was a star that lit up our world and vanished all too quickly.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours and may 2016 be the best year yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Christmas was wonderful for you all.
    This made me tear up. Gosh he was one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete