Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Shakeology

I started the shakology shakes yesterday for lunch.   I learned a few things.   They are very filling.  With just 8oz of milk mixed with the power, I couldn't finish it.  It completely got rid of my afternoon munchies.   Yippee!  It isn't the yummiest thing I have ever tried but if it helps me shed a few pounds, I can deal with it.

What else did I learn?   Making drastic changes in my diet makes my tummy upset
 Not feeling so goodttoday.  The good news is that itiisn't an allergic reaction.   That would have happened right when I drank the shake. This is just my body protesting a healthier diet. It will ttake a few days to adjust.

Hopefully, I will start losing weight now.  It is hard to do over 40.  My hormone levels are a mess and my metabolism sucks.   One step at a time.   I can do it.  

I was supposed to start a new cycle of p90x this week but I can't do it sick.  Not with the flu, that is for sure.   I'll see how next week goes.   It is probably a good thing to start the diet one week and the exercise program the next any way.   I don't want to add to many new things at once.

Dragon is being very supportiv .   Surprised me!  He is normally against any weight loss efforts.   But he said that my weight is affecting me mentally now and that isn't good.   I have to listen to him and know what the consequences are for not.  


I think he is more comfortable with this knowing that he is HOH and can put a stop to it at any point.

Right now I am using a sample pack of shakology to allergy test it and see which flavor is best.  I tried the chocolate yesterday.  Since chocolate drinks are not my favorite,  it is no surprise that I didn't care for it.  Today I am going to try the vanilla.   If it works out, that is the flavor I am going to order.  I can do lots of yummy things with a vanilla shake.  

Sometimes I am very happy we have a dd life style.  It gives us both confidence.   We both know Anna will not get out of control.  He will be there the entire time,  making sure I keep it healthy.

8 comments:

  1. Anxious to hear how the shakes work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps. So far all I have managed to do is tone the muscles under the fat. I need to shed the fat! I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
  2. My mum and one of the ladies at work have both used the shakes to replace 1-2 meals per day and have had heaps of success! So much good luck ava x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My goal is to get down to 150. Not stick thin by any standard.

      Delete
  3. Yeah it is tricky. The ingredients are a mishmash of real things boiled down to a concoction but they are not real food so it is hard to figure out what is causing a reaction. Good luck...I hope your body can get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm so that is why it taste like dog food. (don't ask, I was 8) Day three and so far so good.

      Delete
  4. Hey Rose...good luck with the shakes. I do understand being older and trying to lose the weight. My doctor told me not to use the shakes because I don't react well to some of the ingredients in them. He also thinks I was actually not eating enough so he has me 'logging' my food. I find a great free app that I can use online and on my kindle called loseit (http://www.loseit.com/). You might want to take a look at it...I can easily track my exercising and food intake and print it out for my doctor. He was able to look at it and say...ready for this...eat more! Email me if you have any questions. Good luck with your shakes and exercising.

    Sending lots of prayers and healing energy your way.

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I tried a food log but that put Anna back in the drivers seat. Not good. I am trying to curb afternoon snacking. That is my big weakness. I did track food for a day or two. Those little snacks add up. Since I have allergies, I got a small sample pack to try. They taste nasty but aren't causing any reactions. All I can do is keep trying. Thanks!

      Delete