Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Waking up

In the mornings our alarm is set to go off about 40 minutes before we have to get up.  The first round of beeps never wakes me up.  About 20 minutes into Dragon's alarm clock ritual I finally start waking up.  He puts his arms around me.  I keep snoozing.

It isn't until my cell startes buzzing that I wake up. Almost silent, an app on my phone buzzes to tell me to take my basil temp.  Reaching over, I silence that alarm and roll over to enjoy one last cuddle.  When the alarm goes off again it is time to get moving.

We have our routine down to the minute.  Breakfast, coffee, making his lunch.  Routine is comforting.  I love it.  Slow, easy and relaxed.  No rushing.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you two have a lovely morning routine Rose.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete