Sunday, January 8, 2012

update on the New Rules

Ok, I'll admit it.  One of the new rules is to make the bed every morning.  I have Never made my bed up.  Not ever.  As a child it was my one rebellion.  If you ask my family, they will tell you that I was a hellion.  I didn't drink, do drugs, party or any of those things kids do to get in major trouble.  I was on the honor roll, did my chores and paid my own car payment.  I simply refused to make my bed.  That habit has continued into adult hood.

Here I am, 39 years old and just now making my bed every morning.  Sad, I know but it was never a priority for me.  I have to admit that it is nice to get into a nice made up bed every night.  So I like this new rule.  Even when I am sick, the bed has to be made.  I keep a quilt at the foot of the bed for naps.

The other rule was wearing what I make.  Still working on that one.  My headaches have been bad lately and my entire body hurts.  It is slow going.  I have a new ironing board and iron.  The temperature setting on the old iron broke and it scorched the fabric.  Then Dragon noticed the sheet had over the ironing board.  When he found out why, he bought me a new one.  Love my man.

I have to work in my sewing room every day.  He lets me work at my own pace as long as I get in there and get something done.  I like this.  No pressure, just get it done.

This year is starting off on a good note.

ps.  Even my problem child is doing better.  She is  playing the piano again, practicing her trumpet and strumming her guitars.  She is even working on a new song.  I am the only one that gets hear her new music.  Love it.  My baby girl is back on track! ! !  Her grades aren't perfect but it looks like she is going to graduate high school.  

5 comments:

  1. Glad the new rules are going well :) and that the New Year is off to a good start. I do hope you feel better soon.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a bed maker either, but I now make the bed every morning too, just because Grant asked me to. It's never become "a rule" but I do it out of respect, and it's been a very good small act of submission that's become a helpful daily reminder. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dee. I feel a little better already. My kids gave me a cold but the joint pain is nearly gone.

    Sara, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. He never asked for the bed to be made. He just made it a rule. Surprised me with that one. It is a great way to start the day and it makes him smile when he comes home and sees the bed made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how he noticed the little thing...your ironing board...and just went ahead and fixed it. Those little acts of consideration are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one thing I love about Dragon, he notices the little thing.

    ReplyDelete