Thursday, May 19, 2011

Perspective

A dear friend gave me some perspective.

“You have raised her to be a Christian young lady. You have taught her about God, faith, hope and hard work. Now it is time to let her fly. She may stumble, she may fall or even fail a time or two. That’s ok. She needs to do this on her own. It is time. You have prepared her for life for the last 18 years. She either learned the lessons you tried to teach or she didn’t. let her show you what she is made of.”

Word of wisdom I needed to hear.

I do worry and always will.  I think that is part of being Mom.  I carried my children under my heart.  I loved them from the very first + on the stick.  I love them when they are angels.  I love them when they mess up.  I worry when they fall. 

I will always be Mom to her.  No matter how far away she moves.  Where ever she goes, no matter what she is doing, she will still be part of my heart.  I will always love this not so little girl. 

Just a few more weeks and she will go for the summer.  I wonder if she will come home to finish high school or find the grass greener some where else. 

4 comments:

  1. I pray she finishes high school. Her life will be harder if she doesn't. My parents could never get that through to my two oldest sisters. One finally got her GED at about age 40. *sigh* Better late than never I guess.

    My mom is like you. No matter how much we screw up, she will always love us, we will always be her girls. However, she will not 'carry' us through life. She will not let us be dependent upon them. If we deservingly need them though, she and Daddy will always be there. No matter good or bad, they will always love us and tell us that. Mother signs everything with 'You are loved'. Always has, always will.

    Man! You are SOOOOO lucky to be a mom. How awesome!

    (I still think if my mom knew certain things I did, she'd spank me today for it...Daddy too!!!! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed to let my teenager go live with his dad last year during his senior year. He stayed for three months before he moved back home and he will graduate next week. As moms, we worry whether we did enough, are doing enough, are they ready. While I knew he was a great kid, I never realized HOW great he was until he was no longer under my roof.

    I let him go with my blessing.... and when it got too hard, he came home. It was a really hard thing to do, but we are all glad we did it. We certainly appreciate each other more! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. Being a mother is the most heart breaking and most rewarding thing I have ever done. Letting go is so very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck...being a mother is NOT an easy job, but it is my second favorite job!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete