Monday, December 8, 2014

Holding Him

I had forgotten how much it means to me.  Being able to reach my arms around and snuggle up to Dragon as he sleeps. The feel of his chest rise and fall. His heart beat under my fingers.  The warmth that he radiates at night.

No,nothing has happened to him.  He is just fine.  I am the one struggling.  The spider bite is on my left side.  I have to lay on that side to hold him but it hurts to much.

The bite is slowly healing.  First the halo went away and the hives improved.  The nausea went away and I could finally take a deep breath. For the last few days the dark bruised looking area is getting smaller.  A small ring around the edges turns red then pink. Now all that is left is the black center and pink irritated skin.

It is taking time but it is healing.  The blessing?  A reminder of something that I take for granted.  Holding him at night.  Being held at night.  He is afraid of hurting me.  I still can't lay on that side but that is okay.  I am snuggled up as close as I can get.  Skin to skin.  No hands but I am kinds glad.  My skin is still super sensitive.

Good night.  I am going to enjoy a good snuggle with my Dragon

2 comments:

  1. It's the little things that mean the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are getting better Rose. Sending prayers and healing energy that you continue to improve and are soon holding your Dragon again.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete