Thursday, June 5, 2014

Driving from the Passenger Seat

That is what I have been doing.

While Dragon was struggling to adjust to civilian life and the PTSD was bad, I reached over to help steer our family in the right direction.  Over time I did more and more of the steering.  Pretty soon all Dragon had to do was control our speed.

Not good.

I don't think either one of us realize it until I stepped down for a few days.  It happen slowly over two years.  When I drive it takes something away from Dragon that he needs.  Something that we both need.

His leadership.

Home should be his safe place. The place where he is in control.  I am trying to let go of that steering wheel and watch him thrive again.

Hopefully DD comes back. Hopefully the Dragon I know and love is enjoying life again.

Speaking of which, I need to get dressed for Dragon to come home.  The grass is cut, the yard is edged and I have had a shower and a short break.  Time to make sure Dragon has a reason to smile when he walks in the door.  Garter belt,stockings and another pretty dress.  For some reason Dragon loves to spank my backside with the garter straps in place.  Love my man.

5 comments:

  1. Compromise. Stockings, garter belt, jeans and a pretty blouse. I am ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rose...hope you and Dragon have a lovely evening. Sending lots of positive energy to help you turn lose of the steering wheel and help Dragon take firm control. I agree...home should be your safe place where you can be yourself and be totally accepted.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean I had the same problem because he worked away from home 2 weeks at a time home 1 week and it was hard then to let go of the control I had to take when he was gone. It became easier when he was able to stay home all the time for work but it took a lot of talks, me being mindful to stay in submissive role and let him have the last say in things. You just got to work at it and it will definitely be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't love a backside framed in the straps of a lovely garter belt :) ava x

    ReplyDelete