Thursday, October 27, 2011

What is it that we do?

 
What do you call it? What label do you put on it? Yes, I’m talking about discipline. You know…. The idea of a wife submitting to her husband and a husband stepping up as Head of Household? When you slap a label on it, people jump to all kind of conclusions.

People want you to put a label on things. Just what is it that you do? What do you call it? I think the most accurate would be “marriage.” But since my way of doing things doesn’t fit into the feminist box, that won’t work.

Domestic Discipline focuses on spanking. The act of punishment. That is just one very small portion of who we are and what we do. He doesn’t put me in the corner 10 times a day or switch my legs every time I step out of line.
 
Christian Domestic Discipline. Ok … Now there is a mouth full for you. Biblically based discipline. But wait. There isn’t anything in the Bible about a husband spanking his wife or physically disciplining her in any way. Stoning her to death in the Old Testament, yes. But nothing in the New Covenant. The bible talks about relationship. Wife submit to your husband. Husband love your wife and obey God.
 
Loving DD/Living DD One reaches way into the kink/fetish world of fantasy and the other is harsh. Not for me. I’m all about fantasy and kink but not with DD. Kink is fun. DD is not. And personally, I don’t like harsh, ridged rules or punishments. My Dragon can be strict but he is flexible too. He understands that we are both human.
 
Taken in Hand. Now we are talking. Maybe? Still not a great fit but a little closer. It is more about relationship than punishment. The husband stepping into the role of HOH and the wife submitting to his leadership.
 
TTWD. This Thing We Do. No set definition that I have found. It is just this submission. This HOH. This spanking thing we do. Not connected to religion or a web page moderator. Not connected to a person or an organization. It is just what it is. This thing we do, how ever you choose to define it.
 
I like it. Or better yet. Tweed.
 
“Guess it is time for you get your Tweed on, my dear. I didn’t finish my task for the day.”
 
Nice. Vanilla. And anyone listening will wonder why I want Dragon to wear his tweed jacket.
 
 
Ps. Your definition of these labels may be different than mine are. That is the problem with labels. Everyone has their own definition and they are all just a little different. Our language is just as complex and complicated as people are. We come from different backgrounds and diverse cultures.

9 comments:

  1. New to blogging about this subject, in fact the subject is quite new and intriguing to me. I hope you don't mind a blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all Emi. Welcome to my blog and to blogging! ! ! Just a small warning. I am opinionated, stubborn and have a habit of saying what is on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as long as you and Dragon know what it means to you both is all that matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I've had some problems with the label issue too. We haven't come up with anything we quite like either but ttwd works.

    The last time I balked at my husband and gave him the whole "what right do you have to spank me" speech (in one of those desperate moments), he just said "because I am your husband...want me to define what that means for us?" Well no, he didn't need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. trazuredpet, Thats for stopping by. Yes, we know who we are. It is hard to put a label on it other that just us. Nothing fits just right. Labels fit like walmart jeans. They fit too tight in all the wrong places.

    Susie, I like ttwd because it doesn't seem to have a ridgid meaning yet. It is just this thing we do. I like it. More open and inclusive.

    I have tried that "what right do you have to spank me" speech too. He reply was simple. "you gave me that right." Yes I did. I asked for ttwd. Thankfully I have my safe words but don't use them very often. I don't need to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I like ttwd better.......... now that I've discovered what it stands for :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee, yes it does help to know what all these letters mean. Life has turned into a big alphabet soup. I can’t keep them all strait.

    Spanked Army Wife, You are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What ever you do, we do,...it works, and that's all that matters at the end of the day! Nice post! Sara

    ReplyDelete