Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Teddy Bear

It has been so long since I have had a good nights sleep. A good hard stress relief session with the cherry paddle didn’t do it. His arms wouldn’t send me off to dream land. Every night at 11:00 I have an asthma attack. You could set your clock by it. The albuterol I take to help me breath, keeps me awake.

Until…. Last night…
.
Last night I remembered something I saw on facebook….


 
A teddy bear I have had since I was a little girl sits in a chair by the bed. He sits there untouched, collecting dust. Until last night. When my head hit the pillow, I reached out and tucked him under my chin and wrapped my arms around his soft body. Dragon held me and I held my old bear.
 
It must be true. Teddy bears protect us at night. They stand vigil and keep the monsters away. I finally got a good nights sleep. No bad dreams. No asthma attack that I remember. No worry bear thoughts. Just good, sound sleep.

3 comments:

  1. When my hubby was in the hospital the other week I slept with his old bear. It felt silly at first, but it was actually really comforting. Amazing what the brain can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually still sleep with a teddy bear every night. It is partly because of an old shoulder injury, but a pillow would work for that. Truth is I love my bear... I usually cling to him right after a spanking also... He helps calm me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, I think my old my bear must have a little of that childhood magic still left in him. Your hubby's old bear must have a little left too.

    Kendra, The velvet has rubbed off of his nose. His yellow tummy is more gray than yellow. His fur is matted but he is mine. He brought me comfort when no one else could.


    A few hours before I made it to bed, I had a reaction to something. NO idea what. I took benadryl and a full dose of my rescue inhaler. That is probable why I didn’t have my bedtime asthma attack but I can still give my old bear credit.

    ReplyDelete