Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Tool Bag

In Honor of my 101st blog post. I am sharing the contents of our tool box. Some how I can’t think of it as a toy bag anymore. Not since we have started using the paddles for discipline.
 
The paddles are for discipline.

 
Balsa is all pop. It is loud but doesn’t have much of a sting. Oak is the most likely to leave a lasting bruise. It has more of a thud and leaves a deeper impression. Cherry is more of a sting. It has a zing that is sure to change a poor attitude. Walnut? Hide under the bed. I try to keep it out of sight and out of mind. It has the surface sting and the deeper, lasting thud.
 
Thing 1 and Thing 2 …. Yes the loopy belongs in this category too but is MIA.
 
These don’t get used very often. I don’t like them. He doesn’t like them. End of story…..
 
The floggers? You want to know about the floggers? Yummy.
 
These are for fun and fun only. Never used for discipline. They look to scary. The first one is a soft doe skin flogger. Used full swing it has only a mild sting. It is the first one used in a session and feels like leather rain falling on my back. The next one is elk. It is the heaviest of the three and all thud. Used too hard it takes away my breath. Used just right, it prepares my skin for the third flogger. I’m not sure what it is made from but it is a thicker, stiffer leather. Cow hide? The falls are thinner and it bites like a snake. This is the one that leave the tiger strips across my back. Love my stripes. Purrrr…..
 
Tools for the future? Switches, belt and other leather implements. Used lightly of course. And in the far future? I want to feel the cutting sting of a bull whip on my back. One time, just to say I did it. Neither one of us likes the cane. It takes too many swings to get good coverage.
 
Our schedule has gone from crazy to insane. It will stay that way for a while unfortunately. Not sure how DD will go. He has been too tired and when he is home I just want to be in his arms. We have become more distant. Living parallel lives. I see it and now he does too.
 

2 comments:

  1. Yep, isn't it amazing what a big difference the type of wood makes in the feel of a paddle?

    I'm sorry about the parallel lives thing...been there, on our way to fixing it. I hope you guys can do the same, before the inevitable back slide starts!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, isn't it? Dragon made all four of these paddles at the same time. There are three thinner ones somewhere but they don’t get as much use and these do. All the same thickness but still have a different feel. An oak paddle lives in the garage but I really don’t like that one. Hateful thing. That one is used for barn burners.

    We are working on distance issue. We had a stress relief session Sunday. It is a start. We have a date night planned and are spending more time together.

    ReplyDelete