Sunday, April 10, 2011

???Questions about Corner Time???

After disciple I am not in a calm state of mind at all. I can’t just get up and go back to my daily activities. My HOH gives me the space I need to compose myself but I have to ask a question. Is this what corner time is for? It seemed silly to me at first and isn’t something we have discussed. He is bringing us both slowly into this lifestyle. I don’t know how he does it but he makes almost all of it easy. Punishment isn’t easy and shouldn’t be. He makes submission to his authority easy.

What is the purpose of corner time?

Does it feel as silly as it sounds?

Does it work?

Why?

More questions to come I am sure.

I would love to hear from lurkers, now comers and the husbandly viewpoint as well as the female view. After all there are two sides to every story.

God Bless


ps
My husband does read most of my posts. I don’t make a habit of hiding things from him. This time he read all of the responses too. Here and on the yahoo group. Even the ones I would have rather kept hidden. He hasn’t said much, which means he is deep in thought. I am afraid that my next post on corner time may be made when he decided to stand me in the corner with a bare, red backside.

Oh well.

It is his decision. I asked for this lifestyle, I asked the question out of curiosity. Now, I will submit to what ever he decides. He probably wont give me a warning if he decides to use it. He will give me the instructions and expect obedience. Breath, trust him, obey him. That is my duty. I can do this.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. This jsut came up for us. My husband thinks it's silly, but I was telling him that it seems like a lot of people use it for reflection time about what happened, what needs to change in the future, etc... However, I also told him that people use "corner" time but it's not actually in the corner. It's sometimes just being made to stay somewhere and relfect. So, he spanked yesterday and then pulls a chair into the closet and made me sit there for 20 minutes. I did a lot of thinking while I was there and was very contrite when it was over. Not my favorite thing, but I think it can have value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corner time helps me to center myself, think about what is going to happen or did happen and gives him time to cool down if hes angry. I find it effective in our relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cedeno Be careful what you ask for. You may just get it.

    @ Army wife My cool down time sounds an awful like corner time. He doesn’t demand it but then he doesn’t have to either. And he tells me when it is time to rejoin the family. His way. Not mine. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your mark.

    I don’t think I would be very happy getting it my way. EEEKKK

    ReplyDelete