Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tears Fall

Tears fall
like a gentile rain
washing away the mask
that hides me

Fear fills my body
trembling as I hide
turning my world inside out

tears fall
like a gentile rain
washing away the mask
that hides my fear

Worry eats at my mind
stealing happiness
changing who I am

Tears fall
like a gentile rain
washing away the mask
that hides my worry

Pain twists my heart
until I feel nothing
empty and changed

Tears fall
like a gentile rain
washing away the mask
that hides me

I write when I am hurting and when I am worried.  My husband read this on my computer and asked me to put it on my blog.  Nope.  I don't cope with change easy.  When the poop hits the fan you can find me hiding under my bed. 

3 comments:

  1. these words drip of emotion. you are a good writer, i am just so sorry the emotion is real for you. i am sorry that you are going through tough times, but know that the valleys are where the best fruit grows. the good news is that even though you hide under your bed, God still knows where you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing is the way I vent the emotions. I have kept a journal of sorts since I was about 10. When I feel it building I write. It is a healthy way to cope with what the world throws my way.

    Thank you Halo. As long as I am writing AND praying I'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a session with the paddle, writing and a good long cry. I am ready to face what this week will bring. I put on my big girl panties and clown face.

    ReplyDelete