Friday, February 11, 2011

The Memory Glitch

I have memory problems.  Not as bad as some but enough to annoy those around me.  Tonight is one of those nights.   I am on day 2 of the Miserable Monthly.  It is the most uncomfortable day of the month for me.  Cramping, headache, emotional, tired, irritable AND I’m still sick.  Double MM.  Do you see trouble coming?  I didn’t. 

 We are working on an order and it is almost done.  Just four more designs to do.  That’s it.  The end is in sight.  My tummy was cramping so bad I was miserable.  A bad one would hit and I was off to the bathroom.  Miserable.   I apologized  for my numerous trips and he turned around a yelled at me.

“Enough!  You have apologized 7 times now.  I understand.  Now leave it alone!”

Tears filled my eyes immediately.  I had no idea I had said the same thing so many times.  I understand why he was frustrated.   I can’t help it.  He knows that.  It is just hard for him to deal with at times.   As soon as he realized what happened he apologized  and held me while I cried. 

One bubble bath and lots of cuddles latter all is forgiven. 

(That memory glitch is a part of every day life. I have lost friends over it and gotten into arguments with my family. Sometimes it isn’t a big deal. Other times it is scary. The glitch is a part of my life. That is why it has a spot in my blog.)

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I know EXACTLY how you feel. My monthly is terrible too. But the forgetfullness, that is ALL the time. I tend to say I'm sorry a lot too. My husband always says 'you don't need to be sorry' or 'nothing to be sorry about' or 'not your fault' and if I keep saying, I eventually get the 'Enough'. It's all of us. I hate to tell you this kiddo...YOU ARE NORMAL!!! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am simply thankful that my husband is patient with me most of the time. When he realizes I have forgotten something he lets it pass. Most of the time I don’t even know. If I am agitated, panicked or a little disoriented he knows that my wonderful memory has hit the delete button again. He has made these connections for years. I don’t know what I would do without him.

    ReplyDelete