Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Enemy

It really was food.  Food was slowly killing me and I had no idea. 

I normally eat like a mouse.  Little nibbles of food here and there.  Raw veggies and fruit most of the day and one sit down meal with portions more appropriate for a child. 

But I got hungry.  During the day I ate the fruit and veggies but more of them.  At dinner instead of one small plate of food, I was eating seconds and thirds.  Then would come the purge.  My body would get rid of every bite.  Every night I was vomiting and running to the bathroom.  I learned not to ever trust a fart.  It felt like my intestines were twisting.  Everything hurt. 

Now, without wheat or any kind of gluten in my diet, I feel so much better.  First the bloating went down.  I could button my pants.  The pressure doesn't hurt anymore. 

And this week I noticed that my eating habits are back to normal.  I was only able to eat half a hot dog.  The dogs were very happy to get a few table scraps again. 

I was so hungry before because my body wasn't absorbing any nutrients from the food I was eating.  I ate so much because my body demanded it.  It was confusing because I wasn't gaining weight.  I usually gain weight when I smell food.  That is why I eat mostly raw fruits and veggies.

 I had a snacksident with kale.  Yep.  Just kale. No dressing. 

Off wheat, I am feeling so much better.  I am back to my usual grazing and small meals.  I still get tired very easy but I'm trying to be patient. One trip to the mailbox is about a quarter mile.  I can make it with a few rest stops but I'm trying.  Baby steps. 

Even the brain fog feels like it is lifting. 

Progress.  One day at a time. 

Dragon has been awesome with all of this.  I don't know what I would do without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment