Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A New Hobby

Health problems steal my energy.  I just can't do what I did before.  I'm slowly working on endurance.  It is an accomplishment to walk to the mailbox without stopping.  A quarter mile at a slow pace but I can do it.  One baby step at a time.  I decided to learn something new to exercise my mind, just like walking exercises my body.

I have halfway tried to learn the guitar before but nothing clicked.  This time it is.  I may never be any good at it but I won't learn if I don't try. 

My youngest daughter only reads Tab.  The book I'm using doesn't teach tab until the second book.  So we are learning together.  I am learning how to play and she is learning how to read sheet music and apply it to the guitar. 

I picked up my lesson book with the same lesson I had given up on and I could play it!  Everything came right back.  I guess I gave up too soon. 

I'm not sure how far I will get with the guitar but I am going to try.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there to every one, the contents present at this web page are in fact awesome for people
    experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I agree that you can exercise your mind as well as your body! Keep working on the guitar, you'll get it!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have faith in you, Rose...you'll get this. Sending positive energy your way.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found
    you by error, while I was browsing on Aol for something
    else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable
    post and a all round exciting blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
    to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

    ReplyDelete