Friday, June 22, 2018

Music

We are a very musical family.  I am the only one in the family that doesn't play multiple instruments.  My oldest daughter has several guitars.  Two acoustics and an electric. She loves folk music and prefers the acoustic.  I ended up with the electric. 

About the time I decided to dust it off and learn to play, another kid decided to pick it up. I turned it over to her.  I needed to work my mind so I picked it up again. 

Trying to share a guitar with a musical genius is difficult.  She is an excellent teacher and very patient. But this leaning thing would be easier with a second guitar. 

Dragon stopped by the pawn shop and got me a new guitar. 

Okay, New to me.

It isn't expensive or high quality but I suck at the guitar.  Until I get better, cheap works just fine.

Hey!  Progress!  Ode to Joy almost sounds like a song!  It is a simple, six note song played on two strings.  I get the frets mixed up but I'm getting better!

I have heard that it isn't about talent.  It is about practice.   If that is true, I got this. 

4 comments:

  1. It is true..the practice part. Ode to Joy is the first song my grand played for me on the piano..Hurrah for you for trying something new....hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still sounds rough but it is getting there!

      Delete
  2. As a teacher of music (piano) for almost 3 decades let me tell you it's MOSTLY practice and determination. Do something enough times and your fingers will automatically go to those positions.

    Good luck. Keep at it.

    Practice tip - play something until you can get it correct 3 times consecutively. (at a reasonable pace, not at a super slow snail's pace that is...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fondled, I'm not in a hurry. If I try to rush I'll get discouraged.

      Delete