Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Media

Once upon a time Dragon was a professional firefighter.  In his off time he volunteered at our little hometown department.  One day the fire he responded to was just a few houses down from our home.  That is the day that I learned not to listen to the media.

I was an eye witness to the spread of the flames but not how it started.  I told the reporter what the home owner said to me.  She left shortly after speaking with me.

Listening to the evening news was more like a game of telephone in elementary school.  The final news report was what the final kid in line whispered back to the teacher.  It didn't even resemble what the reporter witnessed or heard.  It was so far from reality that I thought she was talking about another home fire.

Now I'm listening to fantasies about the awesome power of a simple AR with a bump stock.  Huge exaggerations and pure fiction. I hear what the mainstream media is saying but then eye witnesses are telling other sources what they saw.

Ring ring

Be careful what you believe.

We don't have a gun problem.  We have a hate problem.  We have a media problem feeding the hate for ratings.  Hate and rage makes for huge profits.  Don't be fooled.

5 comments:

  1. I very much agree with you on all points, Rose! Will add one...the media also like feeding fear. Those who don't have the knowledge (for example, have no clue as to what an AR15 actually is), can become so fearful that they overreact.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cart, Kinda funny. An AR is an underpowered hunting rifle. It is the Barbie of rifles. They do look kinda cool but that's about it. And anyone with any kind of dexterity can keep up with a bump stock. Idiots make my head hurt.

      Delete
  2. I see no reason for any civilian to have a semi-automatic weapon. There are rifles and guns galore. I live in an open carry state so I'm used to seeing people with guns on their hips - it's scary enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing semi automatic means is that I don't have to pull the hammer back every time. The action of the slide does it for me. I still have to wait for the slide to move forward and the trigger to reset. The first semi automatic rifle was built in 1885 and the pistol I carry was designed in 1911. It is not new technology. Those pistols you see are semi automatic. It isn't scary and it isn't anything new. The only thing that makes an AR scary is the plastic accessories people put on them. It is not a military grade weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with your post.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete