Friday, March 29, 2013

My Journey

My Journey with Susan G Komen walk is turning to a very emotional adventure.  The more women I meet the more I want to lace up my shoes and walk.  I am at the very beginning of my journey.  I don't have cancer and have never had cancer of any kind.  I am fortunate that the bone tumors I get are not cancer.  Other people are not so lucky.

Today I wrote in my other blog about the story of a woman who is at the end of her journey   Not yet 30 and she is in hospice.  My tears are falling and my heart is breaking for her.  

Not much going on with dd right now.  For one thing, I avoid punishment as much as I can.  And Dragon does not go out of his way to find reasons to spank me.  Guess I am lucky that way.  When stress gets too much, and it has done that a lot lately, he  paddles my backside.  Yesterday morning he gave me a wake up spanking.  What a way to wake up?

Maybe I should just ask for a spanking tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Cancer sucks. Good luck to you on your walk and in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Fundraising is the purpose. Walking is an honor I hope to earn.

      Delete
  2. Hey Rose...as someone whose family has been impacted by cancer...thank you so much for participating in the walk. Sending lots of positive energy to you as you train!

    I'm sure if you ask for a spanking, Dragon will be more than happy to give! ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Cancer makes me feel so helpless. This is doing something. A few years after the fact but better late than never.

      Maybe spankings tomorrow. We got busy with other fun stuff today. Mommy and Daddy took a nap today. After a three and a half mile walk.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for walking, cancer is very scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary. Walking is easy, facing cancer is hard.

      Delete
  4. That is why I didn't make a good paramedic. I was in tears after every shift.

    And you are right. I have so many blessings to count

    ReplyDelete