Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Unintended Effects

Yesterday, I was peopled out. Even my family was just too much for me and I tried to hibernate. Hide from the world. We needed to leave and I just couldn’t do it. My husband opened the bedroom door. He looked at me and knew what was going on in my head.

“You are peopled out.”

“Yes”

I gave a one word answer. He didn’t need any more information than that to take action. He gave the kids orders.

“Get your shoes on, get your stuff in the car and walk the dogs. Don’t forget jackets, it is cold outside.”

He turned back to the bedroom and closed the door. His face was blank and unreadable. Not a good sign for me. The paddle some how appeared in his hand and my heart dropped.

This was only a motivator. Not punishment. Right? So….. Why did I get so worried? He takes care of punishment when he already has me in position. Now I know that for a fact. He admitted it to me and explained why.

You don’t get as worried or scared when I wait. The spanking is your punishment, not the worry of what will come.

I thought that was sweet until he had me bent over the bed. My heart dropped.

I thought. Oh no. What have I done this time? Did I mess up and not realize it? I’m in for it now.

I closed my eyes and braced for the worst.

Four mild to middlin’ swats latter he was done.

Oh, that’s it? I’m really not in trouble? Ok. What was I so worried about anyway?

He was right. I needed just a few swats to break the tension in my shoulders. The ride to town would have been miserable without them. It was just enough.

Now last night I know I messed up. A mouthy teenager and a huge attitude. I MESSED UP. Oh no. I’m worried now. What will the next “stress reliever” look like?

If you need to find me, I can be found under the bed, keeping the dust bunnies company.

3 comments:

  1. I can come out from under the bed. He said I was justified last night. I did what needed to be done. Let's just hope I don't mess up today. My temper is short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny. Glad you are not under the bed anymore. It's nice that he saw the signs and limited to just what was needed.

    Even though you don't need to be under the bed longterm though, if you're still feeling a little edgy, maybe just coffee breaks under the bed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blown it again. This time in a big way. Oh well. No need to worry. I know what is coming this time. Stupid me. Over plastic page protectors. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete