Saturday, March 12, 2011

stupid silly fight

Discovered today.
1. Dragon wants to have the final word, even in stupid disagreements I thought were over 5 minutes ago.
2. The man has a memory like an elephant and will not forget disrespect on my part.
3. Disrespect will be dealt with the way he wants it dealt with.
4. I do NOT like his method of dealing with a slammed door or “improper” attitude.
5. I may not cry during the punishment but in the privacy allowed after, the tears flow.

6. It is official.  I am "Taken in Hand" 

I got a new sewing book for my birthday. It is on a CD which means I would have to use my computer while I work in my sewing room. With no spare surfaces that won’t work. I use a music stand to hold my instructions and books at a convenient height. So… He took it to a print shop and made a hard copy for me.
We were loading the newly printed sheets into plastic sleeves in a three ring binder. He didn’t put enough sheets in his binder. I told him to put more sheets into his binder before he started running short. Why? Those things are slippery and if you have try to put to many in a binder they slide everywhere. It is a pain to try to re load the sheets. Why do it if you don’t have to. Right? That was my thought.

Something stupid and silly to fight about.

I saw a potential for a huge mess. Visions of pages everywhere and me trying to put them in order. He snapped at me and acted like he is Mr. Professional binder loader. Grrrr I’m not going to just sit there when I have been snapped at and didn’t deserve it. I tried to explain what was going to happen since he was working with more pages than I was. “I know how to deal with it if that happens” he said. Ok. I’ll let him deal with the mess.

He waited five minutes to bring it up again. Where did that come from??? I knew my temper was getting away from me so I tried to leave.

“NO! You get back over here NOW!”

“NO, I’m taking a break. This is stupid and I am leaving before it gets out of hand.”

I stomped off and slammed the door. What was I thinking? Hello! Did I leave my brain under the bed last time I was hiding under there or what? He followed me into the bed room and I thought I was in trouble right then. But I wasn’t. He tried to make up but by this time I was steaming. Know-it-all-jackalope. He went back to work on the binders and after a few minutes I did too.

Moving on…. planning supper. All is forgiven, I thought. The menu was decided and I went to look up the recipe for tortillas. He came into the bedroom soon after I did.

“You need an attitude adjustment.”

“Why?”

“You are still steaming.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes you are. Now drop them and put your hands on the bed.”

“but”

“No buts. Do it now.”

All I can say is ouch. Still don’t think it was fair. He started it and he ended it too. When the weather gets warmer spankings will happen in the garage to give us more privacy from little ears. I dread it. He won’t stop when it starts getting hard for me to stay quiet. The air compressor is more than enough to mask my little squeaks. It looks like we have an early spring this year. Normally I would enjoy it but I’m not so sure it is a good thing this year.

“Do you know why you got those swats.”

“No”

“An improper attitude, leaving before the issue was resolved, slamming the door and pouting.”

I didn’t cry before or during. I cried after he left the room and I finished printing the recipe.


Ok. I admit it. I was being a brat. There was more said and I deserved to be punished. I deserved more of a punishment than what I got. It had to be cut short. I couldn’t stay quiet enough. The swats hurt too much. That is why we are moving to the garage in warmer weather.  

4 comments:

  1. My temper is a little shorter than usual. I have friends in Japan. Some of them are in Hatch and Misawa. I haven't heard from some of them yet. My friend in Tokyo is expecting her first baby. I'm worried about all of them. Please pray for the Japanes people and the US military stationed there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm listen Little Missie! (just wanted to say that so badly!)

    I hope you don't see the garage too soon or too often! You gotta start being careful!! I think that's interesting that you don't cry duing. I soooo cannot do that. Maybe you should build yourself a treehouse to hide in.

    I will pray for your friends and all who are hurt or not found and for the souls now gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be glad you don't have an out building. LOL. Nobody can hear your crying or pleading. Dang, I hate that place. Sorry you got in trouble! Glad it wasn't in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cedeno, Thank you for the prayers. A tree house is a good idea as long as it has a good sturdy lock and enough food to last a few weeks while I hide out. lol

    Stormy, Our last house had 2 out buildings and a heated garage. I would have been sunk. I was worried about that first punishment outside of the weekly stress relief sessions. Guess I don’t have to worry about that anymore. It happened. I whined a little but it was over soon enough. Now I know NOT to push that button. oops

    ReplyDelete